- Bring your own music stand and a pencil to all rehearsals.
- Bring your instrument and complete supplies for your instrument (sticks, mallets, reeds, mouthpieces, valve oil, MUTES, etc.).
- SYMPHONIC BAND MEMBERS: Bring the music you have been sent for chair auditions AND the audition etudes. The audition etudes may be used to break ties on chair placement rankings or as additional audition material for seating placement.
- Students who will not be auditioning for chair placement on Wednesday afternoon (jazz ensemble members and symphonic band instrumentalists such as bari sax, piccolo, etc.) are to assist with chair auditions as monitors and runners.
- Preferred concert attire is FORMAL BLACK: o MEN: black coat and black bow tie, white shirt, black slacks, black socks, black dress shoes (Alternate attire if black coat not available: Option 1: black long-sleeved dress shirt (no tie), black pants, black socks, black dress shoes; Option 2: white long-sleeved dress shirt with long black tie or black bow tie, black pants, black socks, black dress shoes) o WOMEN: all black clothing (Alternate attire if black blouse not available: black pants/skirt with white blouse) which should include the following:
* black dress shoes (no flip-flops!)
* black/dark hosiery (or none)
* conservative neckline
* black long-sleeved blouse/shirt (to wrist; no half-sleeves)
* black pants (must be to ankle; no capris)
* no bare midriffs or exposed shoulders (ie, halter, sundress, or spaghetti straps)
* no jackets, coats, blazers, sweaters, etc.
- Casual clothes are fine for rehearsals.
- TMEA student member badges (for admission to the exhibit hall) need to be picked up at the convention hall prior to the first rehearsal and must be worn to all rehearsals. If lost, badges cannot be re-issued.
- Please follow the rehearsal schedule, but listen for announcements as this schedule is subject to change. DO NOT BE LATE TO ANY REHEARSALS.
- Cell phones and other portable electronic devices are not permitted in rehearsals.
- Security of your equipment is your responsibility. It is advised that you do not leave your equipment unattended at any time.
- Read, remember, and abide by the Student Conduct Code. It will be enforced.